Homeopathy is one of the most popular modes of alternative medicine across the world. This mode of treatment is based on the principle of “simila similibus curantor” which means “let like cure like”. Dr. Samuel Hahnemann coined this phrase in the year 1796 who is also the founder of homeopathy. Later in the year 1807, he termed homeopathy.
More than 200 years ago Dr. Samuel Hahnemann performed an experiment to prove his new mode of treatment by taking mother tincture of cinchona bark every day. After a few days, he developed symptoms similar to malaria. Through this experiment, he concluded that drugs not only cure diseases but when taken in a larger dose it produces disease-like symptoms too. This experiment with a laid foundation for the new mode of treatment which he termed homeopathy.
Why is homeopathy favored?
Homeopathy became the most popular mode of treatment when it got discovered as it did not involve any ineffective and dangerous treatment for the patients. In those days gruesome methods and treatment were often used to cure disease while homeopathy relied only on minimal administration of drugs. Since the early day’s homeopathy remains one of the most sought modes of treatment.
Even today homoeopathy is very popular among many as it requires only a minimal amount of medicine for treatment. Homeopathy is popular because:
- It does not have any side effects if taken as directed by the physician.
- This mode of treatment awakens and stimulate the body’s own curative power. Potentized medicine acts as a catalyst and helps to set healing.
- The medicines have long-term curative effects and eradication of the disease completely also.
- Homeopathy does not believe in the cure of a body part or a single discomfort but treats the body holistically.
- There is individualization of symptoms and every person has a special medicine for their symptoms. The medicines are prescribed on the symptoms of the sick person and not on the disease.
- The medicines are cheap and easily affordable.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive and do not have any toxic side effects if taken as directed by the registered physician.
- There are proofs showing the efficacy of homeopathic medicine in treating epidemic diseases completely in the 19th century where an outbreak of cholera and typhoid was successfully managed by homeopathic medicines where the orthodox medicines failed to give relief.
- In the year 2005, the world health organization also approved that homeopathy is a beneficial mode of treatment.
- There are so many clinical trials that show how homeopathy is effective in treating illness chronic or acute by using homeopathic medicines.
- Unlike the conventional mode of treatment homoeopathy does not pose a threat I’ll side-effects.
- According to a survey conducted by Global TGI revealed that around 62% of urban Indians prefer homeopathy over any other mode of treatment.
The scientific approach towards homeopathy
Various research performed to study the efficacy of homeopathic medicine. Here are the following key points about the findings during the studies:
- Homeopathic medicines are effective not only on humans but also for animals and in-vitro models.
- The administration based on the principle of similarity is very encouraging.
- Homeopathy clearly and easily describes the relationship between health and sickness.